[Samba] SOLVED: Must a Samba PDC use LDAP for nss?

Chew, Darren darrenc at vicscouts.asn.au
Fri Jan 2 03:38:06 GMT 2004

Hi All,

It seems like Samba 3 does require the PDC to use LDAP for nss when using
ldapsam.

I reconfigured Solaris 9 to use nss_ldap and 'getent group' now shows the
posixGroups created by the 'net rpc vampire' operation. I then cleaned up
the LDAP database and ran vampire again. Each group is created
successfully with incrementing gidNumber 10000 onward. 'net groupmap list'
also shows that all groups mappings were migrated too.

But my vampire bombed when migrating users. I really need help here. Any
help received is much appreciated.

Can't migrate the users across still...

[root at my-pdc /]# net rpc vampire -U DOMAIN\\Administrator -S NT4PDC -d 4

Can't call method "get_value" on an undefined value at
/opt/local/samba/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl line 154, <DATA> line 283.
[2004/01/02 14:13:41, 1] utils/net_rpc_samsync.c:fetch_account_info(445)
  fetch_account: Running the command
`/opt/local/samba/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -a -m "Administrator"' gave 29

Darren