[Samba] suse 8.2 Samba 3 LDAP :Cannot Log onto Domain Member Workstation After Joining Domain

Sundaram Ramasamy sun at percipia.com
Thu Jan 1 20:59:22 GMT 2004

In my windows 2000 machine I don't have Group Policy Editor , User
Profiles not there, after chaning this setting also, I was not able to
login.

Refrence:

======================
I had the same problem and the following steps executed on the Win2K system
as Administrator did it for me:

Start the Administrative Tools (Start / Settings / Control Panel /
Administrative Tools). From there start the Local Security Policy.
In the Local Security Policy open Local Policies and then Security Options.
Disable the following entries:
Domain member: Digitally encrypt or sign secure channel data (Always)
Domain member: Digitally encrypt secure channel data (when possible)
Domain member: Digitally sign secure channel data (when possible)
Domain member: Require strong (Windows 2000 or later) session key

In the Group Policy Editor (C:\windows\system32\gpedit.msc) enable the
following entry:
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\User Profiles\do not
check for user ownership of roaming profiles folders