[Samba] 100% CPU eaten -- tdb_fetch failed

Fabien Chevalier fabien.chevalier at supelec.fr
Sun Feb 29 20:14:26 GMT 2004

> The problem is that not all tdbs need to be backed up -
> indeed, the tdbs described as the problem here
> (connections/messages/sessionid in particular) should in fact
> be deleted at startup.

Happy to hear that! :-)
I found really odd that after a tdb issue, restarting Samba wasn't
repairing the issue... :-(

But for me it still doesn't work, after deleting all tdb's except:
account_policy.db
secrets.tdb
passdb.tdb
group_mapping.tdb

I still have the same thousands of the same error message and poor performance. :-(
How can i know which tdb is faulty?

Even more strange, tdbbackup doesn't seem to complain about corrupted
tdbs....

> The tdb that *must* be backed up is probably
> winbindd_idmap.tdb, given the drastic consequences of loosing
> that file.
>
> tdbbackup is reasonably new tool, and I'm sure patches to the
> init scripts will be gratefully accepted.

Well, if you tell me what needs to be back'ed up and what needs not, i may
be able to write them...at least for Debian. :-)

Bye,

Fabien