[Samba] winbindd krb5_get_credentials errors

ww m-pubsyssamba pubsyssamba at bbc.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 17:46:16 GMT 2004

Second posting of this, can anyone help?

thanks Andy.

""
> can you explain the many instances (against different
> servers of different domains) of errors of the type from winbindd?,
>
> krb5_get_credentials failed for bbcdev1002$@DSD-PILOT.CORE.BBC.CO.UK
> (Cannot find KDC for requested realm)

KDC's must either be able to be found in DNS (using the SRV records etc)
or be in /etc/krb5.conf.

Andrew Bartlett
""

Service records exist for DC's only on DNS servers in that domain (ie DNS server in domain X has service
records only for all DC's in domain X and so on for each domain), should normal DNS forwarding not allow
a client in one domain to read the service record data from another? Normal host records for all domains
in the forest are resolveable via DNS forwarding. Otherwise I'll need to have service records for all
our DC's in all 6 domains in every DNS server in the forest which is not practical!?!

		thanks in advance, Andy.