[Samba] [OT] Fyodor terminates SCO nmap rights -- how about Samba?

Aaron Collins aaron.collins at domail.maricopa.edu
Fri Feb 27 22:45:08 GMT 2004

I'd have to rally behind Michael on this topic, I think this is where
the opensource community needs to show is stance and protest in a
non-vandalistic way.  I personally was confused how some script kiddies
felt that writing e-mail viruses that attacked SCOs website would do
anything more than give the OpenSource community a bad name.  This is
where we as GNU citizens need to show our support for Linux, even if
that isn't our OS of choice.  I'm personally a FreeBSD geek.  If SCO
throws an enough money at this case and wins, that makes OpenSource lose
value and vulnerable to many other lawsuits for someone that feels
OpenSource prevents them from making money.  Cough Cough M$.

My 2 cents

-Aaron Collins
hellfire at fastq dot com