[Samba] Winbind only enumerating 9% of domain groups

ww m-pubsyssamba pubsyssamba at bbc.co.uk
Thu Feb 26 14:16:33 GMT 2004

Hi All,

	I'm having a strange pronlem with winbind. For users it seems to be working fine but for groups its not enumerating most of the groups!
A getent group produces only 325 lines of domain groups whereas wbinfo -g produces 2839 lines of groups. I'm not seeing any errors logged and all commands are exiting with status 0. Winbind related sections of smb.conf are shown below,

   security = ads
   encrypt passwords = yes
             winbind separator = +
             winbind cache time = 300