[Samba] Samba and firewall

Wendy Yong wendy at kkipc.com
Thu Feb 26 06:16:28 GMT 2004

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Samba. I have setup a samba server (Redhat 9) in the internal
LAN and a samba client (Win2k) in the external LAN. There is a firewall
between these two LANs. My problem is I cant see my workgroup in the
client Microsoft Windows Network window. I have open 139, 445 tcp ports
and 137, 138 udp ports. I have open 901 port as well.

Before this I have tried connect to the Samba server from another Samba
client (Win XP) in internal LAN. It works well. How to configure my
samba server or firewall to enable me to access to the Win2k samba
client in the external LAN? Hope somebody reply me.

Thanks.