[Samba] Samba 3.0.2 config error using --with-ldap

loupicciano at comcast.net loupicciano at comcast.net
Tue Feb 24 22:52:19 GMT 2004

Dan,

Though I don't use the Solaris-packaged ldap libs (I am using OpenLDAP), locating the libraries for Samba was a big problem.  I did a lot of fiddling with compiler and preprocessor flags, including some which I didn't think we should need; these mods are shown below.  (I put all my config commands, by habit, into a script file, so I can annotate).  Obviously, your mileage will vary, but hopefully you can surmise something about your required lib pathnames...

You'll see we also had problems with Solaris spinlocks, and with the xml test (though we do have libxml2 installed), so disabled the test and have had no further probs with the xml2 side of things.

We finally did get a good configure, but are now having probs with the make.

Best Luck - Lou

-------------  snip ----------------------------------
#!/bin/sh

# --- Mods by Lou for SAMBA 3.0.2a
# -- have libxml2 on board, but dsabled test because config chokes...
# - having enabled additional library paths, now got config to work,
# but with spinlocks enabled, make chokes.

# SO NO SPINLOCKS for the time being !!!

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/mysql/lib:/opt/csw/lib" \
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/mysql/lib -L/opt/csw/lib" \
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/mysql/include -I/opt/csw/include -I/usr/include/libxml2/libxml" \
CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/mysql/include -I/opt/csw/include  -I/usr/include/libxml2/libxml -DHAS_LDAP" \
'./configure' \
'--enable-debug' \
'--enable-developer' \
'--enable-krb5developer' \
'--with-ldap=/opt/csw/include/ldap.h' \
'--with-ads' \
'--with-krb5' \
'--with-expsam=xml, mysql' \
'--with-xml-prefix=/usr/lib' \
'--with-xml-exec-prefix=/usr/lib' \
'--disable-xmltest' \
'--with-mysql-prefix=/usr/local/mysql' \
'--with-mysql-exec-prefix=/sr/local/mysql/bin' \
'--with-ldapsam' \
"$@"

I am getting below errors when running "configure --with-ldap --with-ldapsam
--with-ads" on Solaris 8:

configure:23349: result: no
configure:23379: WARNING: libldap is needed for LDAP support

Note that I am using libldap that comes with Solaris 8 Shared Libs package
(SUNWcsl).

Thanks a lot in advance,
Dan