[Samba] Samba Slow, and I have high Quality NICS

Spam spam at tnonline.net
Tue Feb 24 23:56:26 GMT 2004

 Would  not  the  first  action  to  be to test transmitting data with
 another  application  than  Samba?  For  example  trying  NFS, FTP or
 something similar.

 I  have  also problems with Samba when transmitting larger amounts of
 data  (100MiB or so) to the Samba machine. Samba (or something) would
 simply  drop  connections.  However, using FTP or NFS things are nice
 and speedy. (Tested with 2.6.x and Samba 2.2.8a/3.0.2a)