[Samba] Re: Supplementary Group Issues

Dmitry Monakhov monakhv at ot.ru
Tue Feb 24 13:59:58 GMT 2004

>> I have the same problem using samba 3.0.2a SUN Solaris-9 SUN One
>> Directory Server 5.2
>>
>> Supplementary groups are recognized quite correct under unix shell
>> environment, but samba can recognize them only from /etc/group file
>> ignoring content of /etc/nsswithch.conf
>>
>> Is it bug or samba-3.* feature?
>

> What are the clients you use ? If Win9X, there was a bug in Samba3
> before 3.0.1rc? where groups where compared in uppercase to the posix
> ones (mostly lowercase). It has been corrected in latests Samba 3.0.2
> and 3.0.2a.

I'm using Samba 3.0.2a & win2K clients.
All secondary groups are in LDAP and groupmapped i.e.
Each secondary group has
objectClass: sambaGroupMapping
sambaSID: S-1-5-21-...

The point is the secondary groups are not even requested
during login process according to the LDAP server log-file.

--
Dmitry Monakhov System Administrator
Open Technologies, tel: +7(095)787-7027