[Samba] Solaris and swedish characters

Kenneth Karlsson kenneth.karlsson at bytewize.com
Mon Feb 23 23:41:49 GMT 2004

I'm trying to upgrade från 2.28a to 3.02a on a solaris 8 server.

Everything works except that files with swedish characters in the name
show these characters as squares.

I'v tried setting unix charset to both ascii and utf-8 without much effect.

I have installed iconv 1.9 and ./configure shows the following text:

checking for iconv in /usr... yes
checking can we convert from CP850 to UCS2-LE?... no
checking can we convert from IBM850 to UCS2-LE?... no
checking can we convert from ASCII to UCS2-LE?... no
checking can we convert from 646 to UCS2-LE?... 646
checking can we convert from UTF-8 to UCS2-LE?... UTF-8
checking for iconv in /usr/local... yes
checking can we convert from CP850 to UCS2-LE?... CP850
checking can we convert from ASCII to UCS2-LE?... ASCII
checking can we convert from UTF-8 to UCS2-LE?... UTF-8

Changing unicode to no causes explorer to crash so that didnt help either.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Regards kenneth