[Samba] logon.bat and home dir

Ivo Dancet ivo at im.be
Sun Feb 22 14:01:06 GMT 2004

Hi list, I send this a while ago, but I didn't get an answer. So I'm
pushing my luck :-).

I recently set up a samba PDC 2.2.8 for testing purposes only.
Everything runs well enough now.
There is one thing I can't seem to get to work. I made a logon.bat logon
script for sharing a share called 'databank' on T: and it works
correctly, but trying to get the windows mount the home folder too
results in no home directory and no databank-share.

My script is in Dos-formatting and contains:
     net use T: \\samba\databank
     net use Y: /home

I tried a lot of things, and I allways get the same result.

What I discovered and what may be important:
If I use the script with the first line only (for mounting 'databank') I
get the T: as 'databank on Samba'. If I try to mount the home directory
using the dos-prompt (with 'net use Y: /home'), it works. So in that
case I get a T: and a Y:

my configuration:
client: win 98
server: mandrakelinux 9.2