[Samba] reduce the size of samba 3.0 binary

Spam spam at tnonline.net
Sat Feb 21 00:59:27 GMT 2004

  800MB  seem  very  large, or do you calculate size with all possible
  dependencies?  Even  so  it  seem large. I have had Samba on a Linux
  system where the total size is smaller than 800MB.

  Another  possibility would be to use "Unix services for Windows". It
  is  a package which you can download from microsoft.com. It contains
  many standard GNU utils (even gcc I think!) including NFS support.

  Or  simply  use FTP. Windows Explorer can browse FTP servers (though
  not optimally).