[Samba] files opening read-only

Rodney Green rgreen at trayerproducts.com
Thu Feb 19 14:38:28 GMT 2004

Hello,

We are moving to a Linux/Samba 3 file server from Windows. We've moved
files to the new server and set the owner of the folders/files to the
domain administrator account and the group to the respective department
group we setup. Now, the problem is when users create a new file the
permissions aren't setup correctly and the owner has read-only access to
the file. How do we set things up so when new files are created that
they are assigned the proper permissions.

Thanks,
Rod

--
"Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional."

-Mad Scientist