[Samba] Access CDROM/Floppy while using a Windows TS Client

Terry Evans tezza at tezza.com
Thu Feb 19 01:41:28 GMT 2004

Is there a canned installation or methodology that anyone knows of that
allows me to configure a Linux Thin Client running "rdesktop" type
application to 2003 Windows Term Server, which allows read/write access back
to the local CD and Floppy on the Linux Thin Client.  The Thin Client
application i have in mind is an academic computer lab, however, need to
provide access back to local resources on the Thin Client.  I understand
this is possible with Samba, however i have not got the prerequisite
Linux/Samba skill to work this all out myself.  regards, Terry