[Samba] Samba 2.2.3a + Win 2K

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Feb 18 11:07:13 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 19:51, Marcin Wasilewski wrote:
> I'm new to the list, so at the begining I'd like to say Hello to all of You.
>
> I'm using Samba 2.2.3a and rather cannot upgrade it to new version.

This is rather a nasty situation, as you will see on our front page,
Samba 2.2.8a was a security release.  Older Samba versions have *nasty*
security problems, and many compatability issues.

As to your problem, this sounds like you want 'security=share', and to
seriously consider what you are asking samba to do, before you write an
smb.conf.  Note that dynamic tokens are probably incompatible with the
CIFS authentication modal.

Why can't you authenticate against what the windows Terminal servers
use, with security=domain?

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org