[Samba] Samba 2.2.3a + Win 2K

Marcin Wasilewski marcinwasilewski at poczta.onet.pl
Wed Feb 11 08:51:16 GMT 2004

I'm new to the list, so at the begining I'd like to say Hello to all of You.

I'm using Samba 2.2.3a and rather cannot upgrade it to new version. I want
to set up sambafax (http://www.purpel3.com/sambafax/ ) tool to allow my
windows users to send fax.
Actually my smb.conf looks like this:
security = share
guest ok = true
guest account = test

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/lpd/lp
browseable = no
printable = yes
public = yes
writeable = no
create mode = 0700
directory = /tmp

[folder]
# shared folder
path = /var/folder
volume = Share
writeable = no
guest ok = true
comment = Shared folder
browseable = yes

...and it's all that I needed till now.
When windows user print on fax printer, he is authenticated as test and
cannot get the notification about his job.
I know that I should change security=user, but the problem is that my
windows users work on terminal servers and are authenticated by radius
server and have dynamic passwords (generated by token).
What should I do to get the correct username, and allow only selected users
to print on that printer.
Best regards
Marcin