[Samba] win2k dropping network connection to samba

Jesse Molina jesse at opendreams.net
Wed Feb 18 04:58:20 GMT 2004

Having your Windows system tray icon indicate that your network
connection has gone away seems to indicate a layer 1 problem rather than
something specific to Samba.  I would advise you check physical medium
things such as the cable and ports for intermittent contact, and framing
mismatches -- such as a duplex mismatch between client and upstream port.

Good luck

--
# Jesse Molina
# Mail = jesse at opendreams.net