[Samba] Unable to join ADS domain

Joe Howell jhowell_tsm at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 14:17:38 GMT 2004

I started from the HOWTO but have not had any success getting "net ads join" to work.  At this point, I'm willing to take any examples I can find.  Thanks for the heads-up on the encryption, though; that's the first time I've heard that.

What's really bugging me is that, although I have no problem getting a ticket, and I know that I'm getting it from the AD domain controller, I don't understand why I get absolutely nothing from the "net ads join".  No errors, no response at all, and no errors in the eventlog on the DC.  I know that I'm generating some traffic to/from the DC but I'm not sure what yet.

Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 08:20, Joe Howell wrote:
> Great site with wonderful information. Unfortunately, it still don't work.
>
> John Simovic wrote:have a look at www.wlug.org.nz/ActiveDirectorySamba

Actually, this is another case where some good intentions have created a
most misleading site. (The ktpass stuff is just bogus)

The correct documentation is in the Samba HOWTO collection.

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/

and the main Samba documentation page:

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College abartlet at hawkerc.net
http://samba.org http://build.samba.org http://hawkerc.net

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/pgp-signature name=signature.asc

Joe Howell
Shelter Insurance Companies
Columbia, MO