[Samba] Kerberos Tickets renewal

Markus Feilner lists at feilner-it.net
Tue Feb 17 10:01:45 GMT 2004

Hello List,
I have successfully integrated samba to an Active Directory Domain, and
it is authenticating against the ADS, but only while the Kerberos
ticket is valid. After that period it seems to take only the user/group
list from its (winbind) cache.

By now i can get a kerberos ticket with "kinit Administrator" or any
other username that has administrative rights on ADS and all is fine.
But after 8 hours this ticket is no longer valid. How can I renew or
re-get an (new) ticket automatically?

I searched many sites and found several solutions, but none worked.
Probably the best one is about keytabs, which I could generate on The
Windows System, but kerberos does not seem to use them.

Most of the solutions I found are for MIT kerberos, but I use heimdal
(as of SuSE 9.0), where e.g. the hints from new zealand's linux wiki
(http://www.wlug.org.nz/ActiveDirectorySamba) don't work. They tell me
to import the keytab file with
-----------------
% ktutil
  ktutil: rkt mail.keytab
  ktutil: list
  ktutil: wkt /etc/krb5.keytab
  ktutil: q
But this does not work - not with ktutil and not with kadmin.
Perhaps i missed something?
Thanks a lot!!!
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen