[Samba] how to mount another persons home dir when using [hom es]

mourik jan c heupink heupink at intech.unu.edu
Sun Feb 15 11:55:49 GMT 2004

>>Is this true..? Or am I missing something..? And what would be a
>>workaround..? Tried searching archives, but could find any similar
>>questions.
>>

>Firstly, Samba will always honour filesystem permissions.  This means
>that you would need to change those permissions first.

I know. To solve this, I think that I will use the user private group
idea from RedHat. (although actually I run SuSE) In case someone needs
to access someones's data, I can add this new person to the sick
person's group (groupname is username) and then permission wise,
everything should be fine, right? (make sure that the create mask is
0770, etc) (please correct me if i'm missing something...)

>Naturally, if you have 'valid users = %S', then this will get in your
>way.

I understand.

Thanks very much for your feedback given already.

Mourik Jan