[Samba] Log on from Win XP to Samba 3.0.1

Kjell B. homebell at telia.com
Sun Feb 15 11:10:37 GMT 2004

I've had problems with this. Joining the XP box to the domain works
fine, but logging on does not work.

I get the message 'Windows cannot connect to the domain, either because
the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable, or because your
computer account was not found. Please try again later. If this message
continues to appear, contact your system administrator for assistance.'

In the log for the particular XP box, I see 'guest user (from session
setup) not permitted to access this share (IPC$)' and 'error packet at
smbd/reply.c(286) cmd=117 (SMBtconX) NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED'.

I assume this is what is being addressed by 3.0.2 as stated in its
release notes. If so, I cannot find the particular bug in bugzilla.

Is there any workaround?

--
Kjell