[Samba] Sync win2k local user list with samba user list

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sun Feb 15 01:36:08 GMT 2004

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 et at chaossphere.net wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to be able to at logon sync the windows 2000 userlist with the samba
> user list, so that each user that is added to the samba server is automatically
> added to each workstation with appropriate permisions ie admin, power users,
> etc. Is it possible to do this and if so how.
> I am running latest samba as PDC with roaming profiles.

Why in goodness name would you want to add accounts to workstations that
already exist on the server? The whole purpose of having domain accounts
is so that you do not need user accounts on the individual workstations.

Baffled! ????

> Any help is greatly appreciated

Avoid pain! Do NOT have local workstation accounts. Instead, use domain
accounts.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra