[Samba] Network errors when coping files to a samba share

Jeremy Phillips jeremy.phillips at wpni.com
Fri Feb 13 20:26:15 GMT 2004

Hey group I'm having issues with my Samba shares, I'm able to map to the
home shares just fine I'm also able to create new files and folders and
copy files from the desktop to the share. But when I copy files from the
Home shares to the desktop I get Specified Network Device is no longer
available. Any ideas? I'm running Samba 3.0.1 on Solaris 8 connecting to
Windows 2003 AD. Enclosed in my conf files.

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = Domain
        realm = Domain.COM
        security = ADS
        encrypt passwords = yes
        password server = *
        netbios name = Samba Server
        smb ports = 139 445
        max log size = 100
        log level = 3
        log file = /logs/samba/log.%m
        announce as = NT Workstation
        name resolve order = host bcast
        client signing = Yes
        server signing = Yes
        client use spnego = Yes
        use spnego = Yes
        load printers = No
        os level = 10
        preferred master = No
        local master = No
        domain master = No
        dns proxy = No
        #separate domain and username with +, like DOMAIN+username
        winbind separator = +
        #use uids from 10000 to 20000 for domain users
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        #use gids from 10000 to 20000 for domain groups
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        #allow enumeration of winbind users and groups
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        winbind use default domain = Yes
        template homedir = /data/htdocs/%U