[Samba] Issues with SAMBA 3.0.0/NT4/Roaming Profiles

danielslcosta danielslcosta at terra.com.br
Fri Feb 13 16:01:33 GMT 2004

Hi.

When I turn on a NT4 box and log on a SAMBA 3.0.0 server, the roaming profile is correctly loaded. When I logout, the profile is also correctly saved back on the server.

The problem begins when the next user (another user) logs in. Don't know who, but SAMBA or NT4 will load the last logged user profile.

I.E.: i turn on a NT4 box, log in as 'daniel', log out, log in as 'dumb'. In this case, 'daniel' profile will be loaded for user 'dumb'.

Below is a copy of smb.conf.

Thanks!
Daniel

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# Date: 2003/11/11 17:48:30
# Global parameters
[global]
 workgroup = GRADFIS
 server string = Servidor GRADFIS rodando Samba %v
 interfaces = 127.0.0.1, (hide internet int)
 bind interfaces only = Yes
 min passwd length = 4
 log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
 max log size = 0
 logon script = startup.bat
 logon path = \\quantum\profiles
 logon drive = x:
 domain logons = Yes
 os level = 40
 preferred master = Yes
 domain master = Yes
 wins support = Yes
 ldap ssl = no
 lock directory = /var/lock/samba
 admin users = edu, dan2
 write list = edu, dan2
 printer admin = edu, dan2, @fisica
 hosts allow = (hide for security reasons)
 printing = lprng
 show add printer wizard = no
 use client driver = yes
[profiles]
 path = /var/samba/shares/profiles/%u
 read only = No
 browseable = Yes
 csc policy = disable
 writeable = yes
[homes]
 path = /home/%u
 read only = No
 browseable = No
[netlogon]
 path = /var/samba/shares/netlogon
[print$]
 path = /etc/samba/printers
 read only = No
 browseable = No
 printer admin = @wheel, dan2, edu

[Admin]
 path = /var/samba/shares/admin/downloads
[hplaser]
 path = /var/spool/samba
 guest ok = Yes
 printable = Yes