[Samba] Re: Samba doesn't appear in browse list

Johnny awei29 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 15:43:57 GMT 2004

Hi guys,

I am also interested in knowing if there is the related issue in most
recent versions.  I tried both Samba 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 and realise since
switching, my clients (Windows XP) always show empty host list in the
workgroup of My Network Places.  I checked the browse list file
(browse.dat) and it looks the contained information is updated
constantly and correctly.  But for some reasons, the information did not
get passed to the clients?

Switching back to 3.0.0 version solved this problem.

Would appreciate if someone knows exactly what could be wrong here, even
better, could offer a possible solution.

Thanks alot,
Johnny