[Samba] Using smbmount as a user

Alex alexscott at lineone.net
Fri Feb 13 08:55:23 GMT 2004

But I only have one instance of smbd and nmbd and they are installed root?

$ ls -l /usr/sbin/smbd
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      2447222 Jan 28 11:33 /usr/sbin/smbd
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       858944 Jan 28 11:33 /usr/sbin/nmbd

I'm gonna take a guess and say thay perhaps you didn't install that
Samba package as the root user.
As a result, "direct user mounts" are not allowed.

Hope this helps.

--
Bob McLaren