[Samba] Samba 3.0.1 -> 3.0.2 upgrade problem

amrito amrito at zv.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Feb 11 13:14:33 GMT 2004

Michal Sladek wrote:
 > This morning I tried to upgrade Samba from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 final
 > I had only few minutes to test it from Windows XP clients
 > (we use Windows 98 and XP clients in our company) because we have
 > hundreds of users connected and I had to go back to 3.0.1 immediately
 > before the get angry:-)

Exactly the same happend with me.

After compiling 3.0.2 (which worked absolutely fine) and installing it,
the telephone started to ring, and I had to revert immediately.

Basic effect:
when attaching a network drive, the system asked for a password and
afterwards rejected the service with a message like
'invalid user or password'

I haven't got time to install 3.0.2 on a spare server to check what
went wrong without the threat of being thrown out of the window,
but if in between someone got some hints what might have gone wrong
and (even more interesting) how to fix it, I would greatly appreciate
to get the info, too.

Thanks
Regards
john