[Samba] Samba access problem with Windows 98

raphael at viabcp.com raphael at viabcp.com
Wed Feb 11 12:58:52 GMT 2004

Here is my problem. I have inside a WAN a samba server with IP 192.168.10.34 and
all my remote clientes use network address like 172.20.120.0 mask 255.255.255.0.

When I use a Windows NT client, there's no problem to map all the shared
directories under the samba server. But, when I try to do the same thing using a
W98 clients, there is no response giving me  a timeout message. There is no
problem wth conections between the client and the server, because ping command
works.

Has anyone overthere know what is wrong?

Thanks in advance,

MSc. Raphael Palomino Valverde
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)