[Samba] Windows 98 and Samba

jorge jorge at sur-se.com
Mon Feb 9 12:35:05 GMT 2004

Hi, I have installed Samba on a Linux RH 8.0 machine with workgroup
configuration (without PDC). The Linux meets in the network and it is possible
to access to it from Windows 2000 and XP machines. The problem is that the
Windows 98 machines don't see it in the network and if I try myself to connect
to the shared folder, it asks for password and I give it and it says to me
that it is incorrect. I have checked the windows register for the encrypted
keys and it is quite correct.
Why W98 machines couldn't see the shared folder on Linux machines?
Thanks.