[Samba] Re: school PDC questions

Collen collen at hermanjordan.nl
Tue Feb 10 07:54:01 GMT 2004

Hmm.. samba works fine as an PDC server.
you can also consider Mysql as back-end..
we've got a simular situation, and used mysql as backend..
and it works quite fine, (still got sime band-with left)

we even have a account printing system hooked up with the user
database..
and are using samba as domain logon server, file server, printer
server.. and monitoring system (web based..)
so yep it's all possible..

adding user in bulk is possible.
also if you wish to use samba as pdc + bdc, mysql or ldap is a good
choice..
(using ldap as a 'MUST' coz' of bdc isn't true.. mysql can do the job
as well !!, just need to sync your passwd database to..)

have fun..
Collen Blijenberg (Systeem/Netwerk Beheerder)

Montessori Lyceum
Herman Jordan
Zeist