[Samba] samba 3 auto create users from NT

Andy Dean adean at whittan-storage.com
Mon Feb 9 14:58:51 GMT 2004

Hi

We are testing out samba at the moment version 3.0.0-15 on Fedora caore 1.
And are using winbind to comunicate to our NT domain. doing a wbinfo -u at
the command line scrolls threw all our domin users on the NT pdc. :)

At the moment we are trying to get the samba server to creature the unix
users from the supplied NT user accounts when an NT use logs onto the box
for the first time by a mapped share.

At the moment we are trying to just doo this with adduser %u but no new
users are being created.

Has anyone got any suggestions as what to try next or links for me to look
at to point us in the right direction.  Anything would be much appreciated
as i need this working by the end of the week at the latest.

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 151.151.8.225 (151.151.8.225)
# Date: 2004/02/09 13:28:37

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = LINK_51
	server string = Samba Server
	security = DOMAIN
	passdb backend = tdbsam
	username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
	unix password sync = Yes
	log level = winbind:2
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	max log size = 50
	add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser %u
	local master = No
	domain master = No
	dns proxy = No
	ldap ssl = no
	idmap uid = 10000-20000
	idmap gid = 10000-20000
	winbind separator = /

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	read only = No
	create mask = 0775

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/spool/samba
	printable = Yes
	browseable = No

[data]
	comment = put yur stuff in here
	path = /data
	read only = No
	guest ok = Yes

Cheers

Andy Dean
IT Services

E-Mail Disclaimer:
The information in this e-mail is confidential, and may be legally
privileged.  It is intended  solely for the addressee.  Access to this
e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.