[Samba] samba 3 auto create users from NT

TeeCee teecee at freemail.hu
Mon Feb 9 15:19:37 GMT 2004

Hi Andy!

AD> At the moment we are trying to get the samba server to creature the unix
AD> users from the supplied NT user accounts when an NT use logs onto the box
AD> for the first time by a mapped share.

AD> At the moment we are trying to just doo this with adduser %u but no new
AD> users are being created.

AD> Has anyone got any suggestions as what to try next or links for me to look
AD> at to point us in the right direction.  Anything would be much appreciated
AD> as i need this working by the end of the week at the latest.

I was very sad when I find out that I the replacement of %u and %U is
NOT working with Samba 3.0.0 AND with 3.0.2.rc2 :(
Possible the same bug is present?
I did a testparm and watched the logs and found out that "%u.conf" was
replaced with ".conf".

Does anyone know the fixing of this problem? (the %u replacement with
include)

BYE: TeeCee :o)