[Samba] ASCII problem ??

David.Herbert3 at morleyfm.com David.Herbert3 at morleyfm.com
Tue Feb 3 12:56:15 GMT 2004

Hi
Hope you can help me.  I have a problem transferring files from Unix to Windows NT using Samba,  specifically the CR\LF is missing from the files when they are transferred over.  In FTP I can choose the -ASCII option and all is well.  I can overcome this problem myself by using tr, unix2dos or sed to place the missing CR\LF characters.  The question is can Samba add the CR\LF via an option like FTP does

Regards
Dave

Morley Fund Management is a business name of Morley Fund Management Limited, registered in England
No. 1151805 and Morley Investment Services Limited, registered in England No. 1973412.  Both are members
of the Norwich Union Marketing Group, members of which are authorised and regulated in the UK by the
Financial Services Authority for life assurance, pensions and investments.  Registered Offices:
No. 1 Poultry, London EC2R 8EJ.
Both are members of the Investment Management Association.

Morley Fund Management is also a business name of Morley Fund Management International Limited,
registered in England No. 2152949.  Registered office: 1 Poultry, London, UK, EC2R 8EJ.

All are Aviva companies.

This E-mail transmission may contain confidential or legally privileged information that is intended for the
addressee only.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Morley Fund Management.  If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or  reliance upon the contents of this E-mail is strictly
prohibited.

If you have received this email transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately, so that
Morley Fund Management may arrange for its proper delivery.  Please delete the message from
your inbox.