[Samba] Several logon script bat files?

Knut Kroeger mail at knut-kroeger.de
Mon Feb 2 21:00:21 GMT 2004

Hi Anders,
Anders Norrbring schrieb:
> I simply wonder if I can have several different logon script bat files for
> MS Win users that validates through my Samba PDC?
>
> Let's say that group "users" should have logon batch users.bat and the
> members of the group "sales" should have both users.bat and sales.bat
> executed at logon?  Or can I in some way use ONE script with parameters that
> knows about what groups the user is a member of and execute the correct
> drive mappings on their Windows workstation?
>
> Anders Norrbring

I would do it like this in the [global] section of smb.conf:

logon script = %g.bat

For your case, you have to create a users.bat for your group users and a
sales.bat for your group sales. Copy the content of users.bat into
sales.bat and continue with the stuff that sales need.

Greetings from Germany

Knut