[Samba] samba3.0.10 pkg error

Fatima.Lakniz at us.hsbc.com Fatima.Lakniz at us.hsbc.com
Thu Dec 30 18:24:41 GMT 2004

Hi Jerry/Samba Team

I tried compiling samba3.0.10 and followed the instruction(from $tmpdir/samba-3.0.10/packaging/Solaris/README)   to create the package and  got
the following error:
*
*
*
no object for <lib/charset/CP850.so> found in root directory
    no object for <lib/libsmbclient.so> found in root directory
    no object for <include/libsmbclient.h> found in root directory
    no object for <lib/smbwrapper.so> found in root directory
    no object for <bin/smbsh> found in root directory
    no object for <lib/nss_winbind.so.1> found in root directory
WARNING: parametric paths may ignore BASEDIR
pkgmk: ERROR: unable to build pkgmap from prototype file
## Packaging was not successful.
The samba package is in /tmp
 I ran following commands in  source directory - ($tmpdir/samba-3.0.10/source)
A  ./configure --prefix=$installdir
B  make
C-and I edited the INSTALL_BASE=$installdir variable in makepkg.sh ($tmpdir/samba-3.0.10/packaging/Solaris/makepkg.sh)  file and  run this to
create the package

ANYONE HAS ANY ODEA WHAT IS WRONG AND  WHAT IS THIS ERROR MESSAGE IS ABOUT.

Thank you
Fatima
Fatima.lakniz at us.hsbc.com

errors or omissions.