SOLVED: [Samba] Re: Using ACL on Solaris 8 with Samba 3.0.9

Sven Pfeifer sven.pfeifer at netexpress.de
Wed Dec 22 10:48:15 GMT 2004

Hi,

Zitat von Pierre Lebrun <ple001 at artic.fr>:

> Sven Pfeifer a écrit :
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I installed Samba 3.0.9 on one of my Solaris 8 Boxes. The installation
> > (configure with: --with-pam --with-acl-support --with-winbind) and the
> > configuration (creating a share, ...) went fine so far. I configured my
> > Samba-Server to fetch all user- and group-information from my DC. Using
> > wbinfo (-u|-g) to check wheter winbindd is running, or not works fine.
> > I get a complete list of all user (groups). But if I try to change the
> > permission of a file or directory from within my Windows client, i get
> > the following error in my log.smbd:
> >
> > [2004/12/21 13:27:30, 3] smbd/posix_acls.c:convert_canon_ace_to_posix_perms
> > (2498)
> >   convert_canon_ace_to_posix_perms: Too many ACE entries for file
> >   DV/file.txt to convert to posix perms.
> >
> > Any hints on how to fix this problem?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> >     Sven

[...]

> I use the sunfreeware.com 3.0.9 build for 2.5.1 and have the
> following headers:
>
>   HAVE_SYS_ACL_H
>   HAVE_SOLARIS_ACLS
>   HAVE__ACL
>   HAVE__FACL
>
> I hope this can help you.
>
> Pierre

OK, it was no option, to install the version from www.sunfreeware, because it
was compiled the way I did it. So I tried to compile Samba 3.0.10 and it
worked. Right now I think, that there is a problem using ACLs with Samba 3.0.9
on Solaris 8. Using the 3.0.10 I have no problems using ACLs.

Thanks for your hint.

Cheers

    Sven