[Samba] Odd LPQ behavior in 3.0.x

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Fri Dec 10 20:52:31 GMT 2004

I changed the 'lpq cache time' parameter to 5 (from the default) and the
problem seems to have gone away. The status (Paused/Printing, or nothing
for jobs that are queued) has returned. However, now the Pages are all N/A
(as it was before I upgraded), and the size field is back (but static).
The port field is blank...

Before changing this parameter, as I noted below, Status was missing, but
pages was listed (and dynamic) as was size (same). Now I only get this on
incoming jobs (jobs with a "Spooling" status). I'm curious if there is any
good documentation on how to expect this to work... the printing stuff
doesn't cover this particular part of it too much.

I will apply the patch and let you know -- Samba has been segfaulting
somewhat too on 3.0.9, so I'm hoping this will cure that as well.

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - User Support Spec. III
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630