[Samba] Odd LPQ behavior in 3.0.x

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Fri Dec 10 17:10:25 GMT 2004

Here is what I'm seeing after upgrading to 3.0.x:

1) Jobs no longer properly report their status, using LPRng's lpq. I see,
instead, no listing for status and a listing for number of pages in the
job. While that is also useful information, it does not allow me to act on
jobs as I'd like to (resume/pause/etc).

2) Basically EVERY job that has ever printed via Samba on that printer
since I've upgraded is listed in the queue. This is not a case of
lpd_done_jobs in LPRng causing this -- the jobs are NOT there in lpq. If
the queue is empty in LPRng, there will still be hundreds of jobs listed
in the Windows queue.

Can anyone give me an idea of how to attack this problem?

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - User Support Spec. III
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630