[Samba] Joining XP clients to a Samba PDC

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Wed Dec 8 04:25:37 GMT 2004

> As far as I can tell I should be able to join the domain with the root
> account (added with smbldap-useradd -a -G 512 -m -s /bin/false -d
> /dev/null -F "" -P root). But all I get for my efforts is an error
> dialog "The following error occurred attempting to join the domain
> 'BI': The network path was not found".

If you're using the stock idealx setup (I believe) that you could be
using the Administrator account, make sure that you have the password
for that account, change it with smbpasswd if not.  Your root user may
or may not be set up right, I don't know the syntax of the command off
hand.

Try to change your double quotes to single quotes, I believe that has
been known to cause issues.

Have you set the password for your manager DN?  Does your sambaDomain
object exist?

Grasping at straws a bit here since your log doesn't seem to say
anything blatantly obvious.

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322