[Samba] Can't authenticate after upgrade from 2.2.8a to 3.0.6

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Mon Aug 30 15:52:47 GMT 2004

I upgraded one of our systems from 2.2.8a to 3.0.6.  Authentication via
winbindd is not working.  "wbinfo -t" gives a good result, and 'getent
passwd' and 'getent group' work fine.  But when I try to access the server,
I'm prompted for a username and password.  I get this error in the log:

auth/auth_util.c: make_server_info_info3(1122)
make_server_info_info3: pdb_init_sam failed!

I also can no longer log in to this machine via ssh using my Windows domain
password.  What am I missing?

---

David Brodbeck, System Administrator
InterClean Equipment, Inc.