[Samba] Only BUILTIN accounts working on 2k3 AD

Jo Bailey jojo472 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 27 06:04:31 GMT 2004

Hi, I have partially got Samba on Fedora Core 1 talking to AD on 2k3.

I've been following Samba 3 by example, (which is excellent btw -
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/)

I can access my shares by "administrator", I guess becuase it's a built in
account. I have other groups on the AD server, and I also have users :-)

Does anyone know where I may have mucked up? Here's the output from wbinfo -

[shell]# wbinfo -u
Error looking up domain users

[shell]# wbinfo -g
BUILTIN+System Operators
BUILTIN+Replicators
BUILTIN+Guests
BUILTIN+Power Users
BUILTIN+Print Operators
BUILTIN+Administrators
BUILTIN+Account Operators
BUILTIN+Backup Operators
BUILTIN+Users

Any pointers on what logs to look at and what to look for would be great
too. I'm still learning! TIA Jo