[Samba] The best way to setup permitions.

Peter Volkov Alexandrovich samba_ml at mail.ru
Fri Aug 27 05:49:47 GMT 2004

Hello list.

I need help in setting permitions in samba server for office. I'm new on the
list, so excuse me if my question is very trivial.

I need to create file server for small office. There is one cheif of company.
Company have 4 divisoins. Each divistion have one manager and some workers.
So I need home dirrectory for each worker. Manager also have it's home
dirrectory and must have possibility to look through his division workers
files. The chief should have the possibility to look throught all files.

How to create such permissions in samba? Should I look at ACL or simple unix
permissions is enough?

Of course user computers are windows workstations...

Thank you in advance,
--

Volkov Peter, <pvolkov at mics.msu.su>
General Physics Institute