[Samba] Slightly OT - WinXP client management under Mac OS X samba

David Case dc at apple.com
Fri Aug 27 02:58:14 GMT 2004

Hi all, first post, and slightly off-topic...

I've setup a Mac OS X Server 10.3.5 network running samba for WinXP
client logins. I have the logins working properly, hitting the right
homedirs and getting folder redirection via a login script in
/etc/netlogon/. Now, the main question I have is how to manage the
clients once they've logged in. I made a few changes using the group
policy editor on a local machine to change the login window settings
(caching last logins, welcome message, etc.) but I'm not a windows guy,
and I'd like to find a good tutorial on how to limit apps, control
panels, etc...

Any help is appreciated...

Regards,

Dave