[Samba] Re: Slightly OT - WinXP client management under Mac OS X samba

Jim C. jcllings at javahop.com
Fri Aug 27 06:05:44 GMT 2004

Perhaps one of the HOWTOs we are in need of is a "Windows Administration
for Linux users" guide. Is it already out there?  Good question. I've
not heard of it if it is out there.

David, I for one, would like to know the trick you used to change the
welcome message. :-)

> Hi all, first post, and slightly off-topic...
>
> I've setup a Mac OS X Server 10.3.5 network running samba for WinXP
> client logins. I have the logins working properly, hitting the right
> homedirs and getting folder redirection via a login script in
> /etc/netlogon/. Now, the main question I have is how to manage the
> clients once they've logged in. I made a few changes using the group
> policy editor on a local machine to change the login window settings
> (caching last logins, welcome message, etc.) but I'm not a windows guy,
> and I'd like to find a good tutorial on how to limit apps, control
> panels, etc...

Jim C

| I can be reached on the following Instant Messenger services: |
| MSN: j_c_llings at hotmail.com  AIM: WyteLi0n  ICQ: 123291844 	|
| Y!: j_c_llings               Jabber: jcllings at njs.netlab.cz	|