[Samba] issue with running samba on two separate systems under 1 hostname

Tom Ryan tomryan at camlaw.rutgers.edu
Wed Aug 25 15:02:38 GMT 2004

I have a read only share and a couple of printers exported that I would
like to be available under a single hostname.

to that end, I have a created a hostname that refers to two ip addresses,
each being a separate machine.

I have configured samba identically on each system and everything appears
to work ok for a little while until our printing tdb becomes corrupted and
everything hangs up.. (at least the printing).. deleting the tdbs and
restarting samba appears to correct the issue until the next hang..

this is samba-3.0.4-6.3E (yep on RHEL 3).

is there anything else I should be doing or am I at this point, "stuck"..

Tom

p.s. for what its worth, I can't get both machines to register (of course)
under the same netbios name, but I'm not sure thats an issue..