[Samba] Samba 3.05 RPMS for SuSe Professional 9.1

rruegner robert at ruegner.org
Mon Aug 23 19:18:15 GMT 2004

Hi, i have running and updated to samba 3.04
on suse 9.0 without any problems.
as the 3.05 is mostly a security update ( swat ) i see no need to go up to
3.05, and i will wait until 3.06 is on suse ftp servers....,
suse 9.1 has a few bugs and many changes ( see release notes )
i e utf encoding and a dramatice dns behavior change ( you cant use a
.local zone anymore ).....your problem may relate to update perhaps
not all packs where really updated ( mixed libaries?), try rpm --nodeps
--force which was successfull anytime at my setups. ( but better try on
a test system )
a look in your logs may help you out ,too
Regards