[Samba] File deletion logging

José Pinteiro da Costa Bisneto jose.pinteiro at terra.com.br
Thu Aug 19 23:26:30 GMT 2004

Hi,

I small network at my job, and it has a samba server. This server has
many shares (one for the home of each user, one for each group of users
and one "public" share, that anyone can write to, open any file ou even
delete then). Lately, I'm experiencing some problems with malicious
users who are deleting all files in the public share, and I'd like to
know if there is any setting in samba that can log who deleted any file,
and when. I've RTFM, and tried using a higher level of logging, tried
the audit and extd_audit modules, to no avail. Does any of you have a
tip on how could I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,
José Pinteiro