[Samba] File deletion logging

Christoph Scheeder christoph.scheeder at scheeder.de
Fri Aug 20 09:32:41 GMT 2004

Hi,
i would sugest a dirty trick to get it:
setup the recycle-module for samba, set the name / repository-option (
depinding on version of samba) to  /your/recycle/path/%U , andmake the
repository a veto-file so the users can't see it from windows.
Now your repository has a subdirectory for each user who deleted files
from that share, containing the files he deleted.......
now you have solved two problems: you don't have to restore the files
from some backups, and you know whom to punish for the deletion.
Christoph