[Samba] perl code for manipulating Samba LDAP attributes?

Jeff Saxton jsaxton at addamark.com
Wed Aug 18 17:02:35 GMT 2004

Yeah I haven't found where to read up on the IDMAP stuff, I don't want
to use winbind either.
I'm in the same position of trying to initially populate the DIT,
someone else pointed me at
Crypt::SmbHash which looks simple enough to use for the passwords

I noticed that once I got smbpasswd working it installed a
sambaDomainName object, is that the base of the
The sambaPrimarygroupSID sambaSID stuff? I really don't know how that
stuff works yet being formerly a
Strictly unix guy.

One other thing: I guess ( if it's possible ) I'd like to learn enough
to setup Samba3 as a PDC with an LDAP
Backend, is the Sambe by Example book a good place to start?  The
O'Rielly Using Samba book didn't really have S**T to say about LDAP.

Thanks for your help

Jeff Saxton
Sr. Support Engineer
Addamark Technologies, Inc.